- This department provides systematic courses on Quran and its Sciences (U’lum al-Quran), Tajwid, Tafsir (exegesis), Ta’wil (hermeneutics) and Tarjuma (Urdu & English translations of the Quran).
- It aims to conduct research in the field of Qur’anic Sciences, and thus provides an academic forum for students of the Qur’an.
- It offers comprehensive studies on various Qur’an exegesis (Tafseer), commentaries and the Qur’anic hermeneutics and philology.
- It brings together studies and findings of the contemporary scholars who have researched on any aspect of the study of Qur’an.
- It provides not only a conventional Qur’anic learning but also courses on Qur’an and Modern Science, Qur’an and Philosophy, etc.